Gift this class
The setting of this class is outdoors by the Yarra River. Access to toilets and water are available.
Lunch, tea and coffee will be provided but please bring other snacks and drinks to be comfortable. The shops are 10 minutes drive away. Bring your swimmers and a towel if you like to swim in the river!
In this class students can expect to learn 3 fundamental weaving techniques. The basketry techniques include twining, blanket stitch and wrapping. Each stitch has an individual story, history and process which will be explained throughout the day. These techniques and can be used in creative sculpture and combined for infinite possibilities. Adrienne will set main two tasks however expects the students will go home with a plethora of possibities. This is a challenging course suitable for beginners.
- Participants will learn how to make one basket using twining technique
- Participants will learn how to make one figurine or bush doll using a combination of techniques.
- Participants will learn how to recognize and harvest materials.
- One basket and the skills to create their own.
- One figurine or bush doll
- A learner guide handout
Casual (Warning: This might get messy)
Everyone interested to learn weaving