Weaving in the Redwoods
The setting of this class is outdoors by the Yarra River. Access to toilets and water are available.
Lunch, tea and coffee will be provided but please bring other snacks and drinks to be comfortable. The shops are 10 minutes drive away. Bring your swimmers and a towel if you like to swim in the river!
In this class students can expect to learn a fundamental weaving techniques. The basketry technique of twining. Each stitch has an individual story, history and process which will be explained throughout the day. These techniques and can be used in creative sculpture and combined for infinite possibilities. Adrienne will set main two tasks however expects the students will go home with a plethora of possibities. This is a challenging course suitable for beginners.
- Participants will learn how to make one basket using twining technique
- Participants will undestand how to manipulate their technique into sculptural forms if they wish.
- Participants will learn how to recognize and harvest materials.
- One twined basket and the skills to create their own.
- A Dianella weaving plant tuber to take home and plant in your own garden.
- A learner guide handout
- A snack to share, a towel, comfortable shoes, and a pair of scissors comes in handy!
Casual (Warning: This might get messy)
Everyone interested to learn weaving also people interested in a warm, fun, safe and connected learning environment.
Adrienne Kneebone requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Adrienne Kneebone to organise a refund or transfer
You need to let me know two days before event if you would like a refund, many thanks.